Thursday, January 31, 2013

A stroke of genius

As you may recall, I usually use my lunch hours at work to get a little knitting done - usually socks. And as you may also recall, I'm hoping to complete at least one afghan this year. And I just happen to have one started... one that's simple and made of sock yarn!

It's the perfect lunch hour project, small, portable and easy. The pattern is the Barn Raising Quilt. Each square takes a couple of hours. I'm using up all my self-striping leftovers for this one.

My squares are approximately six inches - so if I do at least one square a week - I'll have the blanket ready to sew up in December - it's brilliant!

10 comments:

Araignee said...

Brilliant is right. I can't wait to see this finished!

LeslieA said...

Your squares look great - I look forward to seeing the completed afghan at the end of the year!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

That square on the left looks awfully familiar :) I did that pattern too, but my squares were donated to a CCS fund raiser. It does work up very quickly, and thankfully the squares flatten out nicely with blocking!

Samantha said...

I love your sock yarn afghans. You have the patience of a saint. :)

Unknown said...

What a great way to use up "leftovers"!! I hope you show us more pictures of your squares and progress.

Monika said...

I want one of those too, but the sewing!
Looking good so far!

lexa said...

Great idea!

Delusional Knitter said...

Awesome!

Alisha said...

Oh you are evil lol I have to finish that crackghan you tempted me with and now this is in queue and I am going to have to get me a copy of that book now and library does not have it. You are a bad influence!

Zenitude said...

What a good idea!