Saturday, January 19, 2013

This, that and the other...

Thank you all for sharing your wonderful "first sock" stories!

Still under the weather here,  and Dave is working then off to a hockey game, so it's still couch, cats and resting for me.

I took the opportunity to finish up a few things that have been piling up over the month. Aeolian is blocking...
As you can see, Tux has taken over inspection duties while the regular inspector (Rocky) is napping.


I finished up the handspun socks I started on New Year's Eve.
Just slightly fraternal. I used yarn spun by Smoking Hot Needles, and black House Cat for the heels and toes.

And, I sewed some buttons on the Tea Leave's cardigan
Some of you may note that those are, indeed, not the buttons I was planning on. The lovely copper blossoms did arrive, but sadly, were a smidge too small. These are buttons I got from the Woodlot last year. They match well and I still have seven buttons left for another cardigan. I'll find another use for the copper buttons, don't worry!

And now, I'm left with a decision... finish another WIPs (likely the embossed leaves socks), work on a new design, or cast on for the Stray Cat shawl.....

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Love those buttons too.

Araignee said...

We have finally had a cool enough breeze down here to wear some handspun socks and I say yours are yummy. Also love the shawl and buttons.

WildflowerWool said...

The socks look so warm! Great choice of buttons. They match perfectly.

Samantha said...

You're just buzzing away and transforming those WIPs into FOs. I love the shawl.

The buttons look good. Sucks the other ones were too small though.

Unknown said...

Although I can only see a bit of the shawl as it is being blocked, it looks absolutely beautiful. What gorgeous lace work!!!

Oh, the buttons are perfect for the sweater. Another beautiful piece!!