Saturday, January 26, 2013

FO: Embossed Leaves socks.

As promised, here are the Embossed Leaves socks. With the lighting and variegation in the yarn, it was hard to get a good pic of the stitch pattern.

Embossed Leaves is a pattern I've had in my queue forever. It just needed the perfect shade of green. I found that in Pinewood - a colour Mom created when we got our first shipment of Twisted Top Cat. I love it - it's a has varying shades deep green with touches of brownish-green.

The Twisted Top Cat is a joy to knit with. Soft and warm like our regular Top Cat, but with a high twist that adds that extra sproing!

The pattern is very easy - and one of those patterns just seem to make the knitting fly by. I made a few small mods: 1) the cuffs are shorter - only about 4 inches (and just the way I like them!). 2) The foot has a star toe, but I just continued the pattern right to the end.
This pic is a little blurry, but it shows the stitches nicely.  The socks are on my feet now, and they are keeping everything nice and toasty! Now... what should I do for my next socks?

9 comments:

Rachelle said...

I like taking the pattern to the toe if I can, though I've found I prefer a different toe to the standard which doesn't support me doing that; can't win em all I guess.

Samantha said...

Very nice!! :)

Araignee said...

Pretty!

Sava said...

Oooh I really like these socks! I'm a sucker for leaf patterns, and they look so cozy!

bittenbyknittin said...

Lovely! I made these but the yarn I chose did not hold up, so I am thinking of transforming them into arm warmers.

kathy b said...

they are amazing!!!!! Great job.

lexa said...

Nice!

LeslieA said...

Very pretty - I like the lace pattern!

WildflowerWool said...

Like, like, like!