Friday, January 25, 2013

Okay... maybe the force is not so strong.

 I did manage to get one sleeve completed on poor little R2 before I caved....

and yep - I've cast on for the Cranberry Bonnet.

In my defense - I've just come off knitting with Twisted Top Cat (Merino/Cashmere/Nylon). The Skinny Bugga was just sitting there looking so soft (it's the same blend, slightly different twist). The R2 sweater is knit with Regia. While it's an absolute workhorse of a yarn, it's not the softest to work with (though it does soften and bloom after washing) - definitely not compared to yarns with a touch of cashmere...

I promise, I'll be a good girl tomorrow and fiinsh R2... but for tonight... I just want a little softness.


7 comments:

Zenitude said...

And you deserve a little softness too! Great colour by the way.

Rachelle said...

Sometimes we deserve a little luxury

Minding My Own Stitches said...

You HAD to reward yourself for knitting the first sleeve. HAD to!!!

Monika said...

That R2 is so cute. The sleeves make all the difference. I know what you mean. I hardly want to knit with Regia, Opal etc. anymore. You've spoiled me with your yarns.

Unknown said...

That sweater so darned cute. But a little softness at the right time keeps the needles going! The pattern for the hat look great. It should cover the ears sufficiently!

Samantha said...

I would have caved too. Sleeves. Blah!! LOL

I love the hat pattern. It's great!!

kathy b said...

I have no doubt you will finish that sweater..all in good time