Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sweet surprise

Last night after work I went to my mailbox, hoping against hope that my buttons would be there. (They are coming from California, so it will probably be at least a week more - but a girl can hope right...?)

Well, my buttons weren't there, but there was an enormous box. When I got it inside, I tore into it eagerly, discovering a very sweet surprise from my friend Natalie

A whole kilo of fresh honey from her very own bees, handmade soap, and knitterly buttons. This awesome parcel was a thank-you for the Bee beret I made her last year.
Dave immediately got into the honey when he got home and has declared it the best honey ever! Thank you so much Natalie!


(ETA.... the buttons arrived today! They got shipped to Mom because I used the company Paypal! Ha!)

10 comments:

Samantha said...

How lovely. (I was going to say 'how sweet' but that would have been cheesy) ...

What do the buttons say?

Rachelle said...

What a lovely surprise! Good honey is fantastic in cooking too. I use it on corned silverside after giving it a good rinse; it seems to neutralise the salt and makes it taste wonderful!

lexa said...

Sweet! lol

Monika said...

Oh yummy! I wish I lived closer to Natalie, so I could buy some honey from her.

Debi said...

What a wonderful day you had! The knitted hat is stunning.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I love that beret! I can totally relate to awesome things in the mail. My sock yarn arrived yesterday, so a big thank you! Both skeins are gorgeous and now I can't wait to cast on TWO pairs of socks!!!!

Unknown said...

What a nice surprise in the mail !!

Araignee said...

Mmmmmm.....

kathy b said...

I love the beret you knitted up for her.

GREat gifties for you in the mail! .....honey ..yum

Knatolee said...

I am glad you liked your surprise, Valerie!! I love my beret.

Don't tell anyone, but right now I am eating some of my friend Pierre's creamed cinnamon honey. TO DIE FOR!!