Monday, March 8, 2010

Another reason to love the blogsphere.

Today when I got home I stopped at my mailbox and discovered a rather odd-shaped package.
When I first pulled it out, I thought it looked like a really short hockey stick. Then I decided it looked kinda like a sock.

Now, I knew the package was from Minding My Own Stitches - she had promised to send me some sock leftovers for the crackghan, and I thought to myself, "how clever, she packaged them up like a sock!"

Then I unwrapped it and discovered:
She had very generously included a set of sock blockers and tucked some sock yarn in each of the holes.

How cool is that?

Now you guys don't have to look at oddly angled pictures as I try to take pictures of socks on my feet! I've been saving up for some blockers - she must have read my mind.

I can't wait to knit these new ones into the crackghan.

In fact, that's pretty much all I did this weekend.

Oh, we (meaning Dave) did do a little work on my car and made a little side trip to the flea market, but when I was knitting, I was working on the Crackghan and Crackghan mark II. (Oh, but I did whip up that cute little bunny hat - but that was so quick it doesn't count.)

Though last night I started another semi-unbloggable project - but it kinda falls into the crackghan category because...... it's another mitred square project. (Totally addicted I know... but I love how the squares look!) But I'm not telling you what it is, because the recipient reads this blog. So you'll just have to wait...

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I hope the blockers come in handy! It's a design I came up with for blockers for myself - so I'm very interested in comments, suggestions and criticisms.

lexa said...

How nice to send the sock blockers! Those mitred squares are truly addictive. A friend brought three of her baby blankets made that way to the store today for me to sell for her. She's on a kick of doing one of every color of the Bernat Jacquards. That self striping yarn makes them look like patchwork blankets. I've made one so far, have a second one planned, and I may make myself a large one out of worsted weight yarn as well!

Knitting Linguist said...

What a wonderful package to get in the mail! I love my sock blockers, and you can't go wrong with fun leftovers for the crackghan :)

Jeanne said...

What a great way to package yarn - too cute! The blockers are great - and they are a great way to photograph socks.