Thursday, March 25, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that...

... and it goes like this....

Still no knitting... wrists are fine until I think about knitting - and then they ache. May be psychosomatic - will keep you updated.

---

Citron has been frogged.

I have an issue with shawelettes. I don't really like them, they aren't big enough to be useful - I want a shawl I can wrap up in. Yes, you can wear them as a scarf - but I have lots of scarves (that said, once Frost Leaves was finished, it's the only "scarf" I wore all season). They can be used to dress up an evening outfit - but I never go anywhere that calls for and evening outfit - and if I did, I'd rather have a real shawl.

So anyway, my point is, I intended to make Citron into a real shawl. And while I was busy not knitting, I started to do the calculations that would allow me to make Citron bigger. When I realized to make it as big as I wanted I would probably have close to 1,000 stitches on the needle I frogged it. 1,000 stitches to a row is just too much for me.

----

My Skinny Bugga arrived todayI am definitely pleased. You never know what you're going to get when you order from the Sanguine Gryphon - the colours can vary wildly. These are a nice subtle mix of brown, green and red.

I'm thinking of making the Shipwreck shawl out of these. (yes I am aware that the Shipwreck shawl likely has more than 1,000 stitches in one row, but it's a circular shawl... with a pattern... shut-up... that makes a difference in my little world.)

---

Also arriving in the mail today:Six lovely, fit-for-a-princess Barbie dresses.

Why did I buy Barbie dresses you ask? Well, it all started when I designed a couple of knitted dresses a few months back. I wanted to release the pattern, so I got out my Barbies to model and discovered that in all the years of storing and moving my Barbies around, all my shoes had gone missing - well I had two pairs of heels but they clashed with the dresses; the yellow sneakers just wouldn't cut it; and the flippers... let's not go there.

So I went on Ebay to search for shoes. I found a place that offered these lovely dresses and they each came with two pairs of shoes! Now I don't know about you, but a dress and two free pairs of shoes.... I wish the local Reitmans had that deal! So, I snagged a couple of pairs for my models, and the rest of the shoes and the dresses are going in the Christmas box of some special little girls.

---

I learned a new phrase in cat speak today:

Apparently an over-turned water bowl and two cats in the bathtub when you come home means: "You left us without enough water today!"

I wish I had gotten a picture - the cats giving me the stink-eye from the tub was pretty hilarious.
The expression looked something like this:I do feel bad about not checking the dish before I left for work this morning. In future I pledge to be a better cat mommy.

---

Tomorrow is Friday, and Friday usually means dye-day. What colour combos would you like to see in the shop?

7 comments:

Monika said...

Hehe, you made me smile! I decided to do my annual fiber dyeing today. I'm totally in love with aqua/red, have been for a while.
I love the shipwreck shawl, must be fun to knit. Hope you can pick up the needles again soon.

Susan said...

Do they sell dresses in my size? That's too good a deal to turn down!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I agree - 1000 stitches is too much! Especially because I never put a knitting project part way through a row.

Can't wait to see what colours you come up with today!

Samantha said...

I forgot to feed my cats one day ... big stink eye. 1000 stitches is too rich for my blood. Good luck with that. :)

Knitting Linguist said...

That Sanguine Gryphon is beautiful! And I love the image of the cats in the tub, looking at you crankily :) As for colors, I'm all over the map these days -- loving vibrant spring colors, and also muted beachy colors. I'm no help at all :)

Rhonda said...

I remembered what my post was. You are still living in a "Barbie World". Now there's a yarn colour.

Anonymous said...

Some little girls are going to be in Barbie-heaven when they get those dresses.