I got some exciting news on Thursday...
Mom found my Hansi Singh book! Apparently I mixed it up with a couple of stitch dictionaries I had returned to her - it was sitting at her house the whole time.
I went up on Friday to do a little dying (Aurora and Breath of Spring will be available again shortly) and brought it home with me. I celebrated by immediately casting on for another Loch Ness Monster. I finished it up today: I did this one with some of the leftover yarn that Jeanne sent me for the crackghan. It's a lovely single ply merino and so, so soft. And I love the mottled colours - just what I imagine a really Nessie would look like. I used Bernat Satin for the belly, which has a lovely sheen.Dave suggested I use the safety eyes I had in the craft stash. I thought they were a little big at first, but decided they are actually quite adorable, and give it a cartoony look.And since this was made with worsted weight it's much bigger than the Wee Nessie I made for Dave:I LOVE this pattern. If you have the hours to devote it can conceivably be knit in a day. I plan to make many more, one for every kidlet on my Christmas list.... and one for myself. In fact, I cast on for another one tonight, using my left over Tosh Merino.
I'll knit a whole fleet of Nessies... next stop... world domination..... mwahaha!