Friday, March 5, 2010

Blog Friends are the Best Friends

Well, I still haven't found Hansi's book, but I did get something in the mail that cheered me up immensely.

A giant box filled with ....YARN!!!!

The absolutely wonderful and incredibly generous Jeanne sent me more left overs for my Crackghan addiction (talk about enabling....).

There's worsted and DK and fingering.... I'm going to spend all night playing with it and sorting it out! Can you think of a better way to spend a Friday night?.... 'Cause I can't.

And if she wasn't wonderful enough...

...look what else she stuck in the box. And absolutely scrumdiddlyumptuous skein of Silkie Socks that Rock!

One of my favourite sock yarns with one of my favourite fibres!

And look at those gorgeous colours!!!!! Greens, which are may favourite, browns which my wardrobe is full of, an pretty purples which I love too!

I am going to have to find an extra special pattern for this one!

Jeanne, I really can't thank you enough! This is incredible!

5 comments:

Monika said...

What a lovely surprise! :o)

Lindsay said...

What fun to sort through other people's yarn!

I once had a trash bag full of an elderly lady's yarn sent to me for a charity project I was working on. It's always interesting to see what other people use.

Jeanne said...

You are welcome - and thank you for taking my leftovers! I never know what to do with them and they were just sitting there in a tub...so I'm happy that they have a purpose now.

Enjoy!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Lucky you! All those scraps should keep you busy for a while.

Anonymous said...

I guess we know what YOU'LL be doing today --- sorting yarn.

Looks like fun!