Thursday, March 11, 2010

We didn't call it Wandering Cat Yarn for no reason....

... cause it's been wandering all over my house.

As you know, the little brat...... has a habit of stealing and tangling yarn. Since we started dying yarn, he's shown a strong preference towards our brand, even going so far to steal it right under my nose. Lately, I've been keeping it tucked where he can't get it.

So he decide to retaliate.

You'll remember the little green baby sweater I finished a few weeks ago. It's knit in our soon-to-be-released Big Cat (Worsted Superwash Merino). Every day this week, I've come home to find it in the living room.

Each day, I was sure I tucked it away in a box of other knit presents in the studio. Yet the next day I'd come home and it's back in the living room. Now, work has been pretty hectic, and I've been forgetting things and misplacing things left and right... so I pretty much assumed I was going crazy.

Until tonight... when the little striped turd went streaking by with the sweater in his mouth.

What.A.Brat!

I can retaliate too... there'll be no more sunning himself in the morning sun in the studio. The door is getting closed...

... and maybe...

...just maybe....

...if he's cute enough...

...I'll make him a blanket out of the second skein.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a naughty, naughty kitty --- but very funny too.

Lee said...

At least he has great taste! I should get some of your yarn and we can test it on five different cats here to see how they react. Then we can form a hypothesis.

TheBlackSheep said...

LOL! Go cat go! At least it's not bras and preferentially when you have visitors. Don't ask how I know this.

lexa said...

He looks like he's thinking, "Look at me. Would I do such a thing?!" lol! What a little bugger. He's as bad as Maggie is with my felted slippers.

pendie said...

how can you get mad at that sweet little face?!

zoom said...

The little striped turd - ha ha! (This is the cat also known as The Asshole in the Cat Suit, right?)

Samantha said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Mo said...

Maybe he's taking an interest in your knitting and wants to show off your finished projects!