Monday, March 29, 2010

Your eyes will decieve you - don't trust them

This may look all sweet and innocent - like he just decided the skein of Fat Cat looked like a cozy place to take a nap. But don't be fooled - it's ploy. He's just trying to lull me into complacency.
He thinks that adorable pointed, furry little face, all snuggled up in my yarn will distract me from the fact that he's a notorious yarn thief. He thinks I'll forget about all the times I've come home to yarn tossed all over the place and tangled around every piece of furniture. He thinks I'll just go about my knitting, and the minute I let my guard down, he can run off with it.

But he was wrong this time... I waited him out - and he actually did fall asleep...... and I was able to extract the yarn before he woke up. I've won this battle, but the war is ongoing.

11 comments:

pendie said...

wow, your cat is amazingly deceptive. Good thing you are on to him. I do hope he wins once in awhile!

Samantha said...

Those are the cutest Rocky pictures EVER. I would have waited, like you, and won ... Dozer is the same way with tea towels. He's a terrible glutton for them. LOL

Lee said...

He's good but not good enough. Though he is pretty cute.

Monika said...

At least he's not rubbing it in your face, and tries to deceive you. Don't you feel much better that way? :o)

Susan said...

I've had cats like that, you can't take your eyes off them. But Phantom isn't interested in yarn at all, which is unusual.

Kiki said...

That is one sneaky kitteh! Way too cute!! Your yarns are simply gorgeous, too!

Anonymous said...

LOL Devious ... you are very, very devious.

What a cute kitty!

TheBlackSheep said...

Very Cute! Frankly, I just think he was hoping to get his picture in your blog. Yarn hor, attention hor, far the distance is not. :P

lexa said...

Now that is just too cute! How adorable is he?!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh he is such a cutie! But I understand the frustration. I have had cats chew through yarn while I am crocheting with it! I have to hide all string like items in our house (ribbon, string, etc.) and they have even been known to steal my wire for my jewlery! But then you look at their faces and it is tough to get as mad.

Knatolee said...

Totally hilarious! I'm glad the extraction succeeded.