Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Bump in the tracks

Despite having more than five hours of recent commuting to work on the second Appleby sock...
This is as far as I've gotten.

I'd made a little booboo in the first repeat, but I was pretty well past it when I first noticed it, and it wasn't that big so I decided I would just keep going. Of course, three or four pattern repeats later a bigger mistake - and didn't notice it until a few rows later of course...

So I decided the Knitting Gods were trying to tell me something ... so Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipit!

By the time I got it ripped back and back on the needles, the train was pulling into my station.

Hopefully by the end of today's commute, I'll be back on my way with no issues.

7 comments:

Araignee said...

Darn those knitting gods! I hope they are on your side today.

Vera said...

Boy do I know that feeling! Hope it is all working out for you now.

Delighted Hands said...

And so you have to rip-it is such a relief when you re-knit and hit the spot where you ripped out in the yarn and it is like winning a race! Pretty yarn-soon to be a great sock!

kathy b said...

Good that you listened to the yarn! it looks really pretty , and pink! I can see some lace anklets...???

Cat Lover said...

Such a pretty colour. Hope all goes well with it today!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Knitting on a train sounds so fun. Ripping out.......not so much. LOL

Mereknits said...

I so wish my commute was not me driving everywhere. I lose so much time. BUt I do listen to audiobooks so at least that is not a waste.