Monday, March 27, 2017

Socks before Muppets

I didn't finish Beaker this weekend... he got his second leg, and an arm, but that's as far as I got.
Apparently it wasn't just the needles slowing me down... but the acrylic... I just really don't like knitting with it. But I will finish the poor little Muppet... soon.

In the mean time, I finished up the first Hamilton sock
 As I said before, I'm playing yarn chicken with this pair, so I'm keeping them nice and short. I think this one will have a Men's version too...
I really like all that texture.

Today I've got a double train trip (taking it in, as well as taking it home). So I should be able to make good headway on the second sock.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acrylic hurts my hands. It actually feels like it is scraping off skin! Poor Beeker .... he has to LIVE in acrylic. LOL

The sock looks great. That's a good combination of yarn and pattern.

Araignee said...

Yay for a finished sock!

Vera said...

Love the blue yarn and the pattern - very nice. Yup, I think there's general consensus about acrylic. I don't like the feel of it.

Delighted Hands said...

Very classy knit sock! I will look forward to that pattern!

kathy b said...

Gorgeous. I can see you modeling them in some cute shoes!!! Nice work Val!

Mereknits said...

Beautiful color of yarn for that sock.

Cat Lover said...

Gorgeous sock, looks so pretty Valerie.
Have a good day!
Robin

Rachelle said...

Not wanting to knit acrylic is something I totally get. In fact I made my last softie out of a wool/mohair blend which is much nicer to use. Loving the sock though, very pretty.