Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Lofty lace

Thank you for the comments on the owl hat. It's almost finished, and I'm going to see if Miss Pee will model it for the pattern.

As I mentioned, on the  weekend, I got the back of the  Empire Line Cardigan off the needles
I was unsure about blocking. The pattern calls for just a light pressing, but my yarn is different what the pattern calls for. While it's mostly merino and cashmere, 33 percent of it is microfibre. And man made fibres don't always block well.
But I stretched it out on the blocking board and it seemed to do okay. As you can see, the top halfdoesn't have as much lace as the bottom. That's something I didn't realize when I started the pattern. I'm not really sure how I feel about it... but I followed the pattern as written because I couldn't think of a decent way to modify it and keep the extra lace. The hard line it create will be broken up with a decorative ribbon, so it probably won't be as noticeable.

I'll keep on keeping on...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very pretty. Enjoy your day.

Araignee said...

Like magic! Blocking is so much fun....

Cat Lover said...

Looks lovely and again I love the colour!

Vera said...

So pretty and I like the idea of the ribbon. Hope your storm (if you are getting it) is not too bad.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Definately keep on keeping on...it's looking really nice!

kathy b said...

Nothing but admiration. That's lots of perfect lace knittting. I have no doubt you'll wear it perfectly

chrisknits said...

Gorgeous lace!!! I like the separation, but then it might depend where it hits on the body.

Jocelyn said...

I like it! I'm looking forward to seeing this all put together - it's a great pattern.

Mereknits said...

It looks wonderful all stretched out. It is amazing what lace will do with a little blocking. Love the color.

Delighted Hands said...

I love the way blocking works magic on lace! The line where the pattern changes is a great design detail-I like it!