Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Winter wonderland

I've had several people ask if we were in the path of the storm...and yep...
We were. That was the scene I woke up to yesterday. And it continued to fall all day. I think in total we got a little more than a foot and a half. Certainly more than the city 15 minutes northwest of us... I'm told by friends there that they got a little more than a heavy dusting. Thank you Lake Effect!
My poor seed jugs are absolutely buried! I'm trying not to worry. This method is supposed to work in January, so I think they can survive a snowy March!
I find it interesting that we always seem to  get the really big snowfalls when Dave's not around to shovel it. I managed to clear enough of a path for the mailman and called it quits. It was too cold out there and the storm brought on one heck of a migraine. In fact, I was in bed by 7 p.m.

The girls fared much better. There was talk of taking Jem sledding, but in the end, they decided to stay in
Yarn was dyed.
And fabric was sewn. Mom's been gather "galaxy" fabrics for a quilt for Miss Pee.
And I think they chose the perfect block.
Miss Rowie raided Mom's stash and found enough fabric for a simple purse to match her bunny
I think they only one who's unhappy about the weather is Rupert.
There's no sun to sleep in, and no birds at the feeder - not to mention the back door is frosted up so he can't see them even if they were there.

Hang in there little buddy.

11 comments:

Araignee said...

That storm brought me a migraine too. In fact it is still here and I am not happy. Ugh. The girls look like they are having a ball!

Vera said...

Stay warm!!! You certainly did get dumped on. It is bitter cold here today, and still very windy. Thankfully we did not get the forecast amount...but we did get a bunch of freezing rain (I'm thinking I'd almost rather have a foot of snow than 5" with ice on top of that!!).

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I feel for you....I'm not a fan of snow and snow in March is totally unacceptable to me no matter where it's falling. I hope it doesn't affect those seed buckets too. I'm totally interested in how those turn out. We missed the snow here but got rain, wind and gloom. That was bad enough.

kathy b said...

Im so sorry about your headache. That must be miserable. WE got 4 inches, Im so done with it by St. Pats day. This is by far and away the hardest week of the year for me...always

Bridget said...

Those girls are so adorable - and it looks like they are having fun too.

Take care, migraines are the worst.

Cat Lover said...

We heard you really got hit hard. Yes, good old lake effect! We didn't fare as bad as you did, I think we received 15cms.
Hope you feel better soon!

Mereknits said...

Looks like you made the most of your time inside. Love all the pojects.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a lot of snow. So very sorry about your headache. The girls look like they entertained themselves just fine. Poor Rupert....waiting for sunshine and birds! lol

chrisknits said...

Poor Rupert! He can come live with me, lots of sunshine, but then also, 3 dogs, so maybe not. Can't wait to see the yarn dyeing results!

elns said...

wow. that's a lot of snow. We had a 70 degree day yesterday and I was so excited, but it's gray again, no snow :)

I love the galaxy quilt, fabulous!

Delighted Hands said...

Everybody hang in there! I'm sure this will be the last big hurrah for Winter!
Looks like a great time to share the dyeing and sewing!