Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hammer-town sock

First, thank you for all the kind comments on my Hooter hat. It's always so nice to have my patterns so well received!

With that taken care off and Appleby off the needles, I've turned my attention to the next pair of train socks
This pattern is Hamilton. Hamilton is the end of the line, and my home station. The city is a former steel town, and lovingly known as "The Hammer", so I've chosen a nice, cool steel grey Top Cat...
.. and combined some garter rib and diamond pattern for a strong, industrial look. I'm playing some serious yarn chicken with the pair (which is part of the reason they are shorty socks). I've already knit a pair of fingerless gloves, and some heels and toes from it, so it's a part ball.  But the colour was just too perfect to pass up. I can dye up some more if I run out (this is an easily repeatable colour), but I'm trying to work from and not add to my stash if at all possible. We'll see how that goes.

Now this is suppose to be commuter-only knitting, but I've cheated a little and have worked on it at home. I broke my only 4mm needle, so I can't work on the Empire Line Cardigan until the new one arrives in the mail. The only other thing I have on the needles is a seriously complicated lace shawl... and I'm just not in the right headspace for that.

I do feel a serious case of startitis coming on though, so stay tuned... something exciting may happen soon!

7 comments:

Araignee said...

That is a pretty color. Nice pattern too!

Delighted Hands said...

I like a great texture like this sock-always a thrill to play yarn chicken!!!

Vera said...

Love, love, love the yarn color. These are going to be so great! Hope your yarn lasts....

Cat Lover said...

Great colour!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Shorty socks will be perfect for the approaching warmer weather and I do really like that steel grey color too.

kathy b said...

Beautiful color. Anything blue I love, but My eyes might get tired with that dark color right now. Waiting for me new glasses to arrive!

Mereknits said...

WOnderful color on your train socks. I wish I had car socks, but I have to drive.