Thursday, March 23, 2017

Resurrection

With only the socks as a workable project right now, I decided to pull out a long-neglected WIP.
Just how old is it? Well I'm pretty sure it predates my blog, which I started in 2007!

But... long-time readers may recognize it... I dusted it off some time in 2010, but never really made any further progress on it...
It's the beginning of a Beaker stuffie I was designing for Dave.  As you can see, I got the body/head done...
 Even a leg! But then it got tucked back in it's basket and neglected for a half a dozen years... I'd originally put it aside because the DPNs I had were cheap and terrible to knit with. I have my knit picks now, so I really have no excuse. He just needs another leg, a couple arms, a lab coat and tie....
And I've got all the yarn I need. There's nothing holding me back! Can I finish him for the weekend?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you CAN!

I ♥ Beeker!

Delighted Hands said...

While cute, these stuffies are not the best knit for any knitter I know!
Finish it and be the winner!

Vera said...

That is just too darn cute! I'm betting you WILL finish it this weekend!

Bridget said...

OMG I LOVE THIS! Beaker is the best! I can't wait to see it finished.

kathy b said...

I love all things MUPPET. Go go go

Cat Lover said...

Oh I love Beeker too! Can't wait to see when he is finished!

bittenbyknittin said...

I've taken to frogging some of my older WIPs so I an reuse the yarn. I've even been known to frog a completed item that I came to hate. Recycling at its best! Good luck with Beaker - that is one cute doll!

Araignee said...

How on Earth could you have NOT finished that adorable guy???? Knowing you, it's probably already done as I write this!

Rachelle said...

Beaker!!! You've gotta finish him, so cool!

Samantha said...

OMG, I totally forgot about that guy (the knit guy you're making not the actual muppet). I think you can.