Monday, March 13, 2017

Hooter hat

It's been pretty chilly here, and they are calling for some serious snow today and tomorrow (possibly more than we got all winter)... so I guess it's appropriate that I'm working on a hat...

I got the back of the lace cardigan completed on Sunday. I wasn't in the mood to cast on one of the fronts (had enough of cables for the next little bit) so I went looking for a distraction.

I've have a  few skeins of handspun, sitting by my couch, staring me in the face... so I thought maybe some colourwork would be in order.

I went searching through Ravelry for a pattern, but nothing really tickled my fancy... so I grabbed my lap top and started sketching out a chart...
And now it's well under way
With any luck,  I can make the pattern available by the weekend.

11 comments:

Araignee said...

That hat's going to be a real hoot!!!

Vera said...

That is going to be so cute! Love the owls.

Delighted Hands said...

Love the colorway and the owls are happy little guys!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Love it!

Donna said...

That's going to be so pretty! Can't wait to see the final result. I love owls.

kathy b said...

Oh I love your creativity! I cannot wait to see the owls emerge! hats are such a fun an dquick fix

chrisknits said...

It will be adorable! Can't wait to see the colors interact.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this project. Stay safe and warm.

Cat Lover said...

Oh my gosh, I wish I could knit. I have a friend who loves owls, she would enjoy this hat. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Mereknits said...

You are amazing designing that hat. It is going to be fantastic.

Mary Lou said...

Love the colors!