Monday, November 25, 2013

50 is nifty!

One of the great things about having a best friend who knits, is that when you go to visit, it's pretty much expected that you'll bring you knitting.
The end of the year is edging ever closer, and as mentioned, I'd like to have the barn-raising blanket done by then (that's because I have another afghan I've been dying to start, but don't want two large projects on the go at the same time).

So I took along my bag of stripey sock yarn leftovers when I went to visit Sam and the previously-blogged-about whipcream bandits. As we chatted, I knit away - they really are the perfect public knitting project! And as I was casting off one of the squares, Sam asked me how many squares I had finished. I did some quick mental math and discovered I was at 50 squares! I couldn't believe it - did my math again and yep - 50. Still not believing, I counted them all out when I got home. Sure enough - it was 50.

Last night I got the rest of the unblocked ones on the board....
Colourful!
And these 16 include the few that I knit at Sam's, which actually brings the count to 52. I have one in my bag that's ready to be cast off, so by the time you read this.. I'll probably be at 53. That means there's only seven more squares to go!

Of course, I might have some problems sewing them up....
"Oh.... did you need these?"

I think he's a little jealous of all the attention Tux has been getting. He's been rather naughty this weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a CAT! Cat = naughty! LOL

Araignee said...

I just stuck three more balls of leftover sock yarn in my giant bin of leftover sock yarn right before I read this so I think it's an omen that I need to make one of these.

Rachelle said...

Cats love any fabric/knitting left on a flat surface, it's the nature of a cat.

kathy b said...

Awww how is Tux?
I Love your squares
and I love knitting with friends anytime

RobinH said...

This is going to be gorgeous! And Rocky just wants to help, like Tux. Right, Rockster?