Friday, November 22, 2013

I lied....

.... I promised you a break from the cat tales... but I got a call from the vet at work today.

 The results from Tux's bloodwork came back - his blood sugar is too high. (For those that don't know - the problem child that is Tux, is also diabetic....). We have to postpone the surgery until we can get his blood sugar down, otherwise, he won't heal.
"Why me?"
The vet is going to call me on Monday, and we'll talk about what needs to be done (hopefully it's just upping his daily insulin dose.)

In the meantime, Tux is still ticked about the bandage on his leg, but I want to thank you for all your support. I'll keep you posted and hopefully it won't be too long until we get the poor feline straightened out.


In other news, we've updated the shop - there's lots of pretty, pettable skeins in there, including some heavier weights, for those who want to knot cozy hats, mitts and cowls for Christmas...
Stray Cat in "Smuggler's Cove" (sport weight)

Aristocat in "Green Forest" (DK)

Desert Cat in "Avocado" (Fingering)
 

2 comments: