Monday, September 11, 2017

Autumn in the yard

Fall is here and the gardens are ready!
The front baskets were dying so I found these mini mums and freshened them up.
The roses love the cooler weather and are blooming all over the place.
The Blanket Flower is a prolific bloomer - I just love it.
The double-bloom Susans are still going strong
And the Anemones are great fall bloomers.
The fall berry crop is coming in nicely. I'll definitely get enough for jam.
And of course, the Sedum is the great fall favourite.
The African Daisies are still blooming too. They won't make it through winter outside, so I potted them up and I'll see how they do as a houseplant until spring.
And the Butterfly Bush is still bringing in the monarchs.

I love fall in the garden!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely STILL a lot of color in your garden. Mums always say fall to me ... I'll have to get some for my porch.

Araignee said...

Wow...those are some beautiful blooms. I've been tempted by some mums this year but last year they were a bust. They were dried twigs as soon as they finished blooming.

Vera said...

Beautiful blooms! All are so colorful. Mums are on display here now at all the stores - we need to get a bunch for our yard.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Nice shot of that Monarch! We haven't had but a couple this year on our butterfly bush. Love all your fall blooms!

Eastside Cats said...

I spent hours on Saturday with a gardener who is helping me find native Michigan plants for our yard, to entice more butterflies, birds, bees, and bats to enjoy! Plus, I want them to care for themselves mostly, with just a little help from me. But, I still want more SUMMER!

kathy b said...

I saw a monarch yesterday! Maybe it is my stone crop sedum row that lured it in.

I didn t know anenomes bloomed in fall!!

A friend is sending me some seeds to throw in the soil now. for next year. She said they'd fall naturally to the ground now anyhow. makes sense

Delighted Hands said...

So pretty still in your yard! It's nice you have plants that bloom for each season! The sedum is striking; I used to have a big plot of them!

elns said...

Oh your full bloom is beautiful!