Monday, September 18, 2017

Mitt-mania

Finally... with the finish of a pair of mitts to match my Hooter hat...
My fair projects are done. I still have today and tomorrow left (entries have to be delivered Wednesday afternoon), so I could probably squeak out a dishcloth and maybe a toddler hat/mitt set. But I don't want to. I've never been a fan of knitting mitts (don't ask why.. I just don't find them exciting enough), and knowing that I had to knit this pair if I wanted to enter the hat made me hate it more.

I am still excited for the fair, but I want to get back to my socks and my cardigan and other fun fall knits!

If you want the Hooter hat pattern - it's on for 25% off until the end of December (as part of the Cecil fundraiser)
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/great-horned-hooter 

11 comments:

Araignee said...

So cute!! Good luck with your entries. The competition better bring their A game.

Vera said...

You may not enjoy knitting mittens, but those are so darn cute and look great with the hat. Congratulations on all your fair entries!

chrisknits said...

Adorable!! Such a fun set.

Eastside Cats said...

Love the hooter hat AND mits!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Nice looking set! I'll look for it at the Ancaster Fair - Gavin and I are planning to go!

I don't mind knitting mittens... gloves are so much worse!

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the fair!!! :-)

Delighted Hands said...

The hat is a winner but with the mittens it is now a set and that always looks complete!
Nice work even if it isn't your favorite knitted work!

kathy b said...

Who who Who knits for you?

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Very cute set! You should do well at the fair with all your wonderful entries.

Cat Lover said...

Great hat and mitts! Good luck with all your entries.
Robin

Judy S. said...

Love that hat and the mittens! Good luck at the fair!