Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Half Cascaded

With the fair stuff off my plate, it was nice to get back to Cascading Leaves and Dee's fall KAL.
 
 The first sock is done and I've got the second one started.
 I'm really enjoying this pattern. It's easy to memorize, fun to knit and feels like it's going pretty fast. I love the texture and look of the lace. I was a little worried it was going to be too big. I usually knit my lace socks over 60 stitches on 2.25mm needles so they are nice and snug. This one is 64 stitches over 2.5mm, and it feels really stretchy. But I put it on and it's almost perfect. I probably should have gone down on the needle size, but its not make or break.
I am loving all the colour in this pair too. It's really making me itch to get down to the dye studio again....

8 comments:

Araignee said...

That is a rare pretty pattern that works well with creatively dyed yarn.

Samantha said...

Those are beautiful. I love the pattern with that colourway.

Eastside Cats said...

If you've got an itch...scratch it!
Lovely socks; think about a pattern that has cats in it?

Bridget said...

Pretty! I'm nearly done with my current pair, and then will be ready to start my KAL pair.

I love the pattern with that yarn, those are gonna be amazing.

kathy b said...

Oh they are beautiful. Isn't the KAL fun?

chrisknits said...

Gorgeous! I envy your sock knitting love. I had it ages ago, but it went away! email me chrisknitssews at gmail dot com with your address so I can send out the fabric!

Delighted Hands said...

Nice to have something off the needles just for fun, isn't it! This sock turned out beautifully; the complex coloring is superb!

Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT!!!! I am so glad you are participating in the knit along! :-)