Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Sticking to socks

Lest you think this has become a sewing blog...
I am still knitting. Admittedly, not as much as I could be. I've been trying to knit for an hour or so every night - and so far, it's all been dedicated to the Cascading Leaves socks for the I ❤ Fall KAL. The picture above would be further along, but a certain kitten I won't name decided to pull out all the needles and unravel a few days work. All because I decided to sleep in on Saturday morning!

I think I'm also suffering from a little knitting burnout since the push to get the fair stuff done. It was fun, and I was so pleased to get all those ribbons, but I think I pushed myself a little bit too much. That, coupled with the scorching weather we've got right now... there's just no drive to pick up the needles.

The weatherman says we'll be back to seasonal temps by the end of the week, so hopefully that will be a little more inspiring. I really hope so - cardigan season is around the corner and I've got two beauties that need finishing!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no .....Burton was a very bad kitten!!!! Glad you got back on track. The Cascading Leaves socks look great.

Delighted Hands said...

These socks are lovely!
Knitting cycles with highs and lows like most things in our lives;
you will find your knitting gear again after a rest!
And since there are still only 24 hours in a day, you will have to remember
you are sharing that amount of time with a lot more interests now, too,
not to mention more furbabies! It's all good.

Araignee said...

Same here and I don't have the fair excuse. It's the weather. Too hot. Too humid. Ugh. What happened to fall?

chrisknits said...

My knitting production is WAY down, but after this push to make 22 bags by Christmas I should be back to the needles. Love those socks!

Eastside Cats said...

Ebb and flow; we all have great passion, then lassitude!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I love your Cascating Leaves socks!

gayle said...

I always have a hard time knitting in the summer. Hot weather and wool and sweaty hands - no fun at all! I'm hoping it cools off soon so I can get back to my shawls.
In the meantime, socks look like a really good interim knit. I should follow your lead!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

You did so much for the fair that I certainly understand if you're burnt out. This weather is something else too! Swimming weather, not knitting weather!

Vera said...

Very pretty! This hot weather in September is nasty. Even my needles feel sticky.

kathy b said...

Sleeping in is ALWAYS a good idea. You won so many blue ribbons, you deserved some extra sleep. I was really impressed lady!