Thursday, April 14, 2016

Double dagnabit!

So... I ripped back to the missing rows on the tunic front. I re-knit and put the shoulder stitches on a holder... I was just about to soak the whole thing for blocking, when I held it up and noticed something....
Can you see it? The shoulder on the left is a whole repeat wider than the one on the right. And to top it all off - a whole repeat longer!!!

Don't ask me how I managed it. I really have no idea. But there was nothing for it but to rip back the whole shoulder, right down to the neck split, put the extra repeat stitches on the holder with the rest of the neck stitches, and knit the whole shoulder again.

Of course, considering it was 11 stitches narrower, and eight rows shorter, it went a little quicker than the first time. Though it was still a few hours work. At least it went smoothly.
And it's now safely pinned out on the blocking board. So, onwards and upwards... time to get those sleeves done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That lace really blocks out nicely! :-)

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Well worth all the extra effort though. Very pretty lace!

Araignee said...

You're gonna have earned that thing! It really is beautiful though.

kathy b said...

I cannot believe how it blocked out so beautifully! The lace is amazing. You are so patient. I seem to have these issues and just give up. GOOD for you.