Tuesday, April 19, 2016

More fresh air

While the weather has cooled slightly, the weekend was absolutely beautiful. As you know I spent Saturday puppy sitting. But Sunday was just too nice to stay inside relaxing (as I usually do). So I cleaned out the gardens, set up my patio furniture, and spent the afternoon knitting under my umbrella.
It took me quite a while to notice my yarn is a perfect match for my dress.
I'm focusing on getting the second Undine sock off the needles, because I really want to start those foxy socks (they have a deadline and it's creeping up on me). Actually, looking at the calendar, I really should just set these aside and start the fox socks.

The cats, of course, were out with me all day.
They all need a good brushing now, because they are full of dust and dirt from rolling around on the patio. But they loved being outside.

This weekend also brought on a first for me.
Our first dinner with our very first BBQ. I got it a couple weeks ago - a loyalty gift from my work, for five years of service - but today was the first chance to use it. It's just a little portable one, but perfect for just the two of us.

Sun, knitting, cats and BBQ. The couldn't be better. I love spring!

5 comments:

Araignee said...

BBQ weather is the best!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are making the most of the good weather.


Enjoy the BBQ. We use ours A LOT!

RobinH said...

Excellent! We had a nice weekend here too- the cats sat on the sun porch sniffing the fresh air.

kathy b said...

I noticed the perfect match immediately! Love the colors. I cant wait to see the Fox socks.
Our cats are full of pollen too!
Glad you enjoyed the weather and bbq

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Well that all sounds fun!! I just checked out the foxy sock link.....Adorable!!