Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Nothing but green

Only a few weeks more and I'll be able to clear off Grandma's poor table. Right now, it's the only place that gets enough sun, so it's completely covered (much to Dave's dismay). But that sun is doing beautiful things...
The Poppies and Chives are nice and thick
The Japanese Lanterns and Johnny-Jump-Ups are doing just as well.
As are the Lupine and Sweet Peas.
The Milkweed is really filling out
And the Sunflowers and Nasturiums are just one big mess of sprouts.

Even the Dollar store bulbs are doing great
The irises sprouted quickly
The Sparaxis wasn't too far behind
After it was already planted, I read that the Anemone corms should be soaked before planting for quicker sprouting - but this week it finally started to push up a wee little bit of green.
I was very skeptical when I bought these bulbs - especially the Dahlias.. but just look at that! This is the darker one, but the light pink one is sprouting too.
Even my Foxglove seeds are starting to sprout!

I don't think I've mentioned it, but I decided to plant some spinach in a planter. Dave and I both love it, so I thought I'd give it a try this year.
And it's already sprouting too. I think it's going to be a very good (green) summer!

2 comments:

Araignee said...

Look at that!! I rarely had any luck getting stuff started inside. We just put in a veggie garden at The Mister's mom's house this weekend. It was so much fun going to the garden center again and buying plants and seeds. I sure miss Daddio's little patch.

kathy b said...

Oh my look at those babies~~~ I hated to thin seedlings..it seemed so cruel. Do you?
I think I lost one rose bush to the winter. It was a pink and did not ever take well last year.
My milkweed has not sprouted outside yet.
Thinking about window boxes and planters.....

I love sunflowers! yours will be glorious