Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Sorry Rocky....

"WTF MOM????"
 Seriously, Rocky. It's not my fault. I wanted this even less than you - I don't want to think about the damage the sub-zero temperatures are doing to my tender sprouts.
 But this is Canada dude.... snow happens.
 "Well I think it sucks. And so do they!!!"
"Seriously.NOT.COOL."

I'm with you Rocky, but don't worry -it's not going to last long. Besides, it's nice and warm inside...  and it's all coming up daisies
Well... make that sunflowers. I love growing sunflowers from seed - it's as near as instant gratification as you can get in gardening. If they grew any faster, you'd actually see them growing.

And to answer KathyB's question from the other day: No, I don't do anything to protect them from the squirrels. I will just plant them all and hope for the best. Last year, the squirrels won, but the year before I got one beautiful sunflower plant - and it was well worth it.

Elsewhere in the nursery, The Johnny-Jump-Ups are coming alive.
Though they are super teeny-tiny.

And the one I'm most exicted about... the Milkweed...
Has one itty, bitty green sprout.

No signs of life in the Lanterns of Sweet Peas... but as Mother Nature is obviously trying to remind us... it's early yet.

4 comments:

Araignee said...

Oh, no....April snow is no fun. It is COLD here and windy. It's been awful. At least we have sun today.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That boy has SUCH an expressive face.

You know, if I wasn't Floridian, I'd love being Canadian!!!! LOL Actually, I am *part* Canadian. My grandfather was born in Canada. For the love of all things holy .... I have no idea why he moved south. LOL

On the other hand ............I loved growing up in Philadelphia. Florida? Not so much.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

April and snow is just wrong.....on so many levels!!!! LOL But then I'm not really a fan of snow in any month. It's pretty on Christmas cards but that's where it ends for me. I just got my fill of it after living way up north for the better part of my life.

RobinH said...

I love Rocky's WTF photo- he's so expressive! Last Saturday I was checking out the bitty little day lily plants and tulips and forget-me-nots coming up...and now it's all under 5 inches of snow! Happy spring, eh? I'm starting to be ready for actual greenery to happen.