Saturday, September 17, 2016

DFO: Corvin Cardigan

You're probably wondering about the title... you know what FO stands for but that D?.... I'll get to that in a minute. First, the finished object...
I finally pried it away from Peno and got the buttons on it. I found some vintage brass ones in my stash that went quite nicely. I thought their texture provided a nice contrast to the cables.
And this one has lots of cables. Up both fronts, down the back...
Down each sleeve.
And even on the side seam.
I was able to eke out a newborn size with just one skein of Stray Cat, but there was much left. The larger sizes will need two.  I'm hoping to get the pattern finalized this weekend and out to some testers.

Now... to that "D"... after taking this pictures, I stashed the cardigan in my purse and headed up to Mom's to show her in person. We fondled it for a bit, and I tucked it back in my purse, which was sitting on the back deck.

Mom went in the house to start dinner, and I headed out front with Dad to tinker on my car. And all of a sudden I heard Mom yelling at Jem.... and calling my name....

So that D...? that D stands for....
Destroyed!!!

Jem chewed three buttons off (and possibly ate them)... and as you can see, wrecked the button band beyond repair. If the button band was knit on after, I should have just enough yarn left to re-knit it. Sadly, it's not. It's knit as part of the sweater.  So the whole thing will have to be frogged and re-knit.

I can't really be too upset...
Despite how she looks, she's still a puppy (nine months old) and she's still learning. And I left it where she could get it. At least I got some nice shots of it before it met it's demise. And I can always knit another one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!!! I'm glad you can be gracious about it.

But then, when we love our pets, we can be very forgiving.

Anonymous said...

P.S. It WAS a very cute cardi, by the way.

Araignee said...

OMG!!!!!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

OMG!!! :-O That's terrible!! It was such a pretty little sweater too but it sounds like it will be again. Hope Jem can pass those buttons with out any trouble. She has such a look of accomplishment on her face. LOL

Delighted Hands said...

Hmmm, my tolerance level might be a bit lower than yours! lol
I just lost a pair of my crocs flip flops to my grand-furbaby which looks just like this girl!
Nothing like enjoying a good knit again so soon!

kathy b said...

OH My gosh. It was absolutely perfect. Pets and THINGS sometimes just dont go together. Pup is very lucky for an understanding YOU. I must watch Fezzik like a hawk with yarn.