Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Kwestions from KathyB



*Do you work better in groups or alone? Generally alone, unless I can be the leader of the group. That said, if the leader is actually organized, and a decent leader, I happily ride shotgun – but I find that’s a rare occurrence.  
*Butter or margarine?
I prefer butter, but it’s more of a treat because its so expensive. So it’s generally margarine for everyday and baking, and butter only when it comes on sale (or I have a hankering for buttertarts... can’t make those with margarine.)

*For a day : no phone or no computer?
Phone. In a heartbeat. I hate the phone. Samantha and I lived about an hour apart as teens, but we never phoned each other like other teen girls. We wrote letters…. Snail mail letters!

*Gym shoes: wear them out or replace regularly?
I don’t wear gym shoes – the only shoe I have remotely resembling a gym shoe are my high-top Converse knock-offs. They get worn so rarely I won’t need to replace them for at least 15 years.
*More likely to find in your couch cushions: money or needles?
Needles…. But also stitch markers, beads, and cat toys.

*What kind of knitting hurts your hands/arms/fingers?
Big yarn on tight gauge – like when I’m working on a stuffie. You need tight fabric so the stuffing doesn’t show, but it can be murder on the limbs.

*How do you feel when someone asks you to knit for them?
It depends on the person. Most people close to me know better than to ask – and the rare time they do, it’s for something special and I’m usually happy to do it.
It’s the people who don’t know me well, and think knitting is cheap and quick that annoy me. I’m pretty good at sending them on their way with a simple, “Sorry I don’t have the time.” If they are persistent, they then get a lecture on the cost of yarn, the hours involved, and are  then questioned as to why the feel their wants are so important that I should give up said time and money for a mere acquaintance.

*I choose my patterns based on : 
My mood…. What do I feel like knitting at this moment

*I store my yarn in :
A combination of open shelving, bins and reusable grocery bags (I really do need to reorganize it again.) 

*Last company you called customer service .....
Bell – for our internet … but I have to sort out a billing issue with Fido soon (my cell phone). Not looking forward to that.  

4 comments:

Araignee said...

It's almost 1 in the morning and I was laying here in bed hungry and then you had to go and show that tart thing. Off I go......the kitchen is calling.

Anonymous said...

Every time I see that little octopus, it makes me SMILE!

Delighted Hands said...

Such facets of life shared here.....knitting connects us all.

Knatolee said...

Ugh, I agree with you about the phone! And I love the octopus. And I treasure the bee hat you made me!!!