Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Little man

I needed a break from the endless garter stitch of the dishcloth blankie, but I didn't want to cast on for another big project.

Good thing I have some babies to knit for. Yesterday,  I went looking for a a sport-weight baby pattern. I couldn't find anything that really grabbed me, so I decided to design it instead.
It will be a little grampa-style cardigan. Top-down with no seaming. Even the button bands are knit as you go, so no picking up stitches for finishing.
I'm using a skein of Stray Cat that I dyed up ages ago. It's called "Rolling Stone" and it was one of those one-of-a-kind colourways that I knew I probably wouldn't be able to dye again. There should be just enough to make a three-month old-sized cardi. It might be a bit of a game of yarn chicken, but we'll see how it goes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's awfully pretty ... or would that be, handsome!

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like a wonderful baby sweater. I hope you will publish the pattern for those of us hoping to have grandchildren someday. PS - love the kitties, Rupert is such a handsome boy.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I love the "Rolling Stone". It's perfect for a baby sweater! It's going to be just darling.

RobinH said...

Aw, this is going to be adorable!

kathy b said...

Love it so far. You found a great yarn/pattern match and that's one lucky baby

Unknown said...

It will be adorable!!! I am in the baby design knitting mode right now. I need to join the arms on the bottom up raglan, always my least favorite thing to do. Why didn't I start this top down!!!