Thursday, September 22, 2016

No kitty for me....

About four hours after I got the collar on him, his owner texted me. His name is Ollie and he lives on the other side of the complex.

While I'm glad he isn't lost or abandoned, I'm also kind of sad. I was kind of hoping we would be able to take him in. I told his owner that Ollie is welcome to come visit my yard any time he likes. (I suspect he won't be around as much since now we won't be giving him food).

But he can still come for the catnip. And the sunflowers
The foxglove
And the Delphiums...
The lavender...
And the roses.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you know what to call him now.

Araignee said...

Awww.....that is bittersweet but I bet you still see a lot of him. He seems to have made himself right at home!

Seajaes said...

I hate when people let their kitties wander. I've seen too many on side of the road😩

kathy b said...

You did a very good thing. I hope he visits

Bridget said...

I know how you feel. On the one hand, I'm glad that a) he has an owner, and b) that the owner let you know.

But it would have been nice to have such a sweet boy as your own!

Who knows - he might have just decided he likes hanging out with you guys, and you'll still see him, even without providing meals.

Delighted Hands said...

I know the feeling....we had a beauty for several months and then during our yard sale a woman starts crying saying it looked just like her lost cat! It was and we were so happy for her but sad, too. Ollie is a beauty, there's no doubt about it! The flowers are a joy; thanks for sharing them!

RobinH said...

Aw, well, good to know he has a home. And Ollie suits him! We have a neighborhood cat Sam who comes by to visit with Cookie and check out chipmunk central on our back yard.