Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bits and bobs

I've mostly been working on the secret project, so there's not a lot to show, fiber-wise.

I have been getting a little bit done on the second lace sock - Garden Gate
Mostly just working on it over my lunch hours.

Outside Chez Wandering Cat things are slowly coming to life
One of the regular daffodils should bloom any day now. And remember those little daffodils?
Just finally starting to open up.... and if you're wondering just how tiny they are
My thumb should give some perspective.

Out back, someone or something keeps digging up one of my strawberries plants.
I keep re-planting it again, and then a few days later, I'll find it halfway across the garden. Curiouser and curiouser.

When I was up at the house on Sunday, Dad gave me some bird seed - it's mostly sunflower seeds, and peanuts, with some corn.
You can tell which parts are most popular - this is mostly the jerky little  sparrows tossing it out. The Grackles come along and clean it up - not to mention it keeps bunbun and the squirrels happy too.

Inside, Tux decided to help me with my taxes...
Here he is double checking my math and speculating that I should be able to claim him as a dependent.... if only, I'd love to be able to claim those vet bills....

And Rocky...
Rocky thinks Tux gets entirely too much attention... so give him some love, please.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww, Rocky. Tux is cute, but YOU KNOW you are the handsome guy. ;-)

Rachelle said...

Rocky does seem to have a slight cat grump on, virtual pats coming your way Rocky.

Delusional Knitter said...

Rocky looks so sophisticated in that shot! He's a handsome boy!

Bridget said...

Hi Rocky! Tell your mom to give you a kiss from me. :-)

Unknown said...

Ahh, Rocky, you are so handsome! I'm glad the cats are helping you will all your duties...even checking your math!

Love the pretty blooms!!

elns said...

You have so much going on! I feel so out of the loop/catch up girl! Is it just me or does that yellow of your new sock design look awfully similar to the daffodils growing? I think it's great that Tux helps you with the math and taxes and Rocky with his dashing good looks hehe.

Samantha said...

Poor Rocky. He wanted to help with the math too.

Araignee said...

Awwww.....love to Rocky. He does look sad. My Mr. Herbie has been out of sorts since I've been away so much. He's usually very stand offish but when I get home he's all meows for attention. I'm liking it.