Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Just a little bit of knittin'

Minding my own Stitches expected to see this picture up yesterday...
 and she would have, but I already had the gardening post queued up.

I did indeed cast on for Windsong, but I've since frogged it. I'm going to cast on with a smaller needle, as I'm not fond of the fabric with the 4mm the pattern calls for.

However, this pattern is going to take a good deal more concentration that I first realized, as the lace pattern is worked on both sides (no plain purl back rows). That means it will be relegated to mostly weekend knitting when I can devote the proper attention to it.

Since that's the case, I've decided that I'm going to finish Lestrange first. There's only half a sleeve and the collar left to do - it's really not fair to let it languish in favour of some new flashy knit. No matter how pretty and red it is. However, Lestrange requires a fair bit of concentration too - so it's mostly weekend knitting.

That means evenings this week are free for sock knitting!
And I'm halfway done the heel on the second Garden Gate sock. I could even finish them up this week...
 ...though I may have to cut back on some evening snuggle time to do so...

8 comments:

Rachelle said...

The socks are looking good, great colour for summer too!

Anonymous said...

Those socks really WANT to be knit. They are GORGEOUS!

I think you are right about going down a needle size. From the picture, the stitches look a little loosey-goosey.

Unknown said...

I love snuggles, but with 40-50 lb dogs, 2 of them, it's pretty near impossible to snuggle without both of them wanting on the lap. My lap isn't that big. Ask me how I know. LOL

Unknown said...

The socks look great... Knitting would go "on hold" if I had a great little snuggler at my side!

Kat said...

Cut back on snuggle-time? Shocking!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

See? I knew you couldn't resist the temptation of pretty new yarn and a pretty new pattern!

Araignee said...

That red is lovely. So are those socks. I'm still in my woolies here as it's cold. The heat just cut on for crying out loud.

RobinH said...

Oh noes! Not snuggle time! You must learn to multi-task.