Friday, May 23, 2014

One thing leads to another

The other day I stopped at a local discount store to get Dave some new button up shirts. I'm really trying to scale back my shopping, but they'd advertised them in the flyer, and they were a great price - and he really needed some new shirts.

Of course, I had to pass their dress display to get to the men's section (They do that on purpose - I know it!) where I spied the most perfect dress.

Now, for some reason, I'm a sucker for a black with small white polka dot print. There's just something so... classic... about it. Add in an empire line and a nice swing fabric - how could I resist? And it fits like a dream (thank goodness this was the only print they had or I would have been walking out of the store with more).

But every time I buy myself something like this - I'm faced with a dilemma - I want more! I want something to go with it - new shoes, a new accessory. In this case - it totally needs a bright red cardigan. 

Something like Myrna
Or maybe Miette
Or Kersen
Or Milena
.... this is why I shouldn't shop...

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

I vote for Kerson, I've had Serrano queued forever, and I think I have the most perfect red yarn, if I didn't give it to you already. lol

Araignee said...

Love the dress. Love the dots. Love all the little sweaters. Love red!

Unknown said...

I wanted a new dress for my niece's wedding, but really couldn't justify it since I have 2 dresses in my closet I never wear! More of a capri pants girl in the summer. Really, I would wear jeans everywhere if I could get away with it. LOL

Unknown said...

Love the little dress and voting for a red sweater Miette.

Unknown said...

Polka dots are awesome, I love them too! Oooh so hard to choose, but I think I'd go for Milena or Myrna.. But Miette has also wonderful details.. Ooh it's too hard for me! Can't wait to read your decision!

Rachelle said...

I just had to buy Myrna, that is gorgeous and I'm sure I can spin the right yarn for it too; should look great with my favourite summer dress

theresa said...

I agree with Rhonda - Kersen with shorter sleeves. And you mom gives you yarn? Lucky girl!!

Anonymous said...

Miette would be just PERFECT!

I know EXACTLY what you mean about black and white polka dots. I have a thing about that too.

kathy b said...

Red lace cardi is my favorite. Yes shopping for one item can lead to another!!

Frieda said...

I love your little polka dot sundress ! It seems that dots are back in style . I bought my self a black skirt with little gray and white dots to wear to Charlie's christening . I NEVER wear skirts , capri pants for me , but I couldn't resist the dots .
The patterns that you have in mind are all gorgeous , but Miette is my favourite . Can't wait to see which one you choose .