Thursday, May 29, 2014

Knitting along...

It doesn't take long for me to get distracted by something shiny...

Julie, the owner of our favourite LYS The Needle Emporium has started a KAL for the pattern Auburn Wave. 

I favourited the pattern not too long long ago, so I thought why not join in. I cast on tonight with some Mini Mochi I bought myself for my birthday a few years back (from The Needle Emporium).
I'm going to Chicago for work next week (my very first plane ride!!!!) and I think this is going to make excellent travel knitting.

I will still be a good girl and work on Lestrange this weekend. I promise.

In other KAL news... our Game of Thrones KAL is going well. When I set the deadline for it, I forgot that HBO doesn't air an episode on the Memorial Day weekend. So, the season will actually run until June 15. As a result, I've extended the deadline of the KAL to match the show's season. So, you've got an extra week to finish your knit.

We already have some beautiful entries:
 
Riverrun by Smoking Hot needles
And 2tall4u cleverly modded the pattern down to ladies size! (Love those shoes!)
 TriMomma made Danni's Mitts.
And SamiT made Daenerys (and this is her first ever shawl!)

Come join the fun and check out the other entries!

6 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Poor LeStrange - it gets no love :)

Look at all those gorgeous knits from the KAL! Didn't Sami do awesome?! Especially after the folks at Romni tried to suggest it might be too hard for her!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooo...have fun on your trip. I'm jealous. I haven't been out of Florida in a while and I'm itchin' to go somewhere.

Delusional Knitter said...

I'm very behind right now on GOT - so I'm actually glad they skipped a weekend (don't throw rocks at me). Awesome KAL projects!!!

Araignee said...

Such awesome projects!

Rachelle said...

Ooh, I might have a chance to finish my socks then, am almost on the third repeat for Riverrun on the second sock! Just have to stop myself from getting distracted by weaving, fixing kids clothes, making eighteenth century dress etc. I do have to make at least one hot water bottle cover though for a local group.

Unknown said...

Lovely projects!! Oooh, I really like the yarn you're using for the scarf...that's going to be stunning.