Monday, May 26, 2014

Seeing Red

After flashing all those patterns the other day, I know many of you are wondering which sweater I'm going to knit to go with my polkadot dress.

The truth is, I really wanted to do Miette. But it was knit in worsted and I wanted something lighter so that I can wear it all year round. Worsted is fine for the winter, but even with a super-cooled air-conditioned office, it's just too heavy for summer.

So I scoured Ravelry and came up with Windsong.
It's got pretty much everything I'm looking for. Some nice little lace detail, shaped waist, cropped length, short sleeves -and a lighter yarn. And it has that added bonus of...
A nice busy back panel to keep my interest! (Love the detail on the sleeve too!)

And while I was hunting through Ravelry, I was Skyping with Mom and asking how much Stray Cat we had in stock, as I'd  need to dye some up.

And that's when she offered up this from her stash:
Bugga! in Longhorned Beetle - a nice deep, rich red. It's a little darker the the red I had in my head, but the more I look at it, the more I think it's just perfect.

Now I should be a good girl, and finish up Lestrange first... does anyone want to take bets on if that's really going to happen?

11 comments:

kathy b said...

How stunning is that pattern??? I must share it with my daughter

Unknown said...

wow excellent choice!

Araignee said...

You're tempting me with that pattern. It's just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Perfect choice of yarn.....I'm betting it will be started real soon. LOL

Unknown said...

That pattern is just amazing! I could never pull that off with my knitting skills, you're so talented! And the yarn is gorgeous, it'll be such a wonderful project!

Rachelle said...

That'll look lovely in the yarn you've been offered. Luckily I can't make it, not much in the way of sport weight yarn available here and what I've managed to get my mitts on is already married to patterns.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

So I'll be back tomorrow to see the first few inches of Windsong :)

Unknown said...

Hmmm, are we betting yarn? Cause I'm not taking that bet if I have to give up yarn. LOL!

Frieda said...

Wow , gorgeous pattern and yarn ! I'm betting that Lestrange will still be waiting it's turn . After all , summer is just around the corner and you NEED that cardi for your dress . BTW , please stop tempting me with patterns , you enabler , you ;-)

Unknown said...

Great looking pattern; that's my favorite out of all the pictures/patterns you've posted. I am anxious to see it knit in RED! Why wait?... start casting on!!

elns said...

Geez, you have been up to so much. I hope you're not offended that I'm going to consolidate my comments today, I'm behind. I love the cropped sweater, especially with your sun dresses. I am a huge fan of polka dots so I hope this means we can be friends. That dress will be lovely with the pattern and gorgeous red yarn you got. After seeing your amazing sun dress collection, I'm guessing it will go with more than just the dots!