Monday, May 12, 2014

Randomly

1. The blankie wasn't the only thing Mom got for Mother's Day. I also made her one of our Kitten Kaboodles
And I filled it full of goodies.

2. I'm ramping up for production to get some of these in the shop - I just have to order some custom tags for them, then I'll be off to the races.

3. Even though it was Mother's Day - I came home with a few goodies too
Mom ordered a grab bag of Online Supersocke to run through her sock machine, but a couple of the skeins were six-ply which is too heavy for the machine. She packed it off with me - these will likely be man socks for Christmas this year.

4. I also picked up the House Cat I dyed last weekend
I got two pattern repeats done on Sauble Sunset before bed last night. I'm alternating the skeins because, even though they were dyed at the exact same time, one is just a touch more red than the other. This way it will all even out.

5. A few other skeins might have followed me home...
Those peachy-pink Solo Cats I dyed last week. I just couldn't resist. I'm calling this colourway "Gilded Rose" and I have a new shawl design in mind for them. Now I just have to find the perfect beads...

6. Speaking of flowers.... for a mixed bag of bulbs that were just tossed in the garden
My garden ended up being extremely colour coordinated....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are GOOD man colors on that ONLINE sock yarn. I knit with the 6-ply once. It made a sock too heavy for me, but my sister that lives up north loved them!

Those daffs are gorgeous. I love the one on the far left.

RobinH said...

Fun stuff! And had to laugh at skeins following you home. Strange how that keeps happening, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Another very cool gift for your mom! Oh, I love that peachy colored yarn. Yummy.

kathy b said...

I bet she loved her Kitten Kaboodle I sure do love it!

Love the dark shawl lace look very much

Rachelle said...

All that yarn is nice, we don't get 6 ply sock yarn over here unfortunately. There is one indie dyer who does a little DK which I think is similar, but that's it and she mainly concentrates on fingering cos that's what most people want.

Araignee said...

Love that Kaboodle!

elns said...

That bag is lovely! I love the yarn that followed you home too. hehe.