Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mission accomplished

Remember way back in April, when I set  my friend Aneesha on the path to the dark side?

And then in May when I bought her everything she needed to knit a giant owl for birthday?
 Well - the other day, she messaged me and shared a picture
Mr. Owl is finished and he looks pretty darn fantastic for a newbie knitter who had to learn several new techniques on the fly to get him done.

Her comments when she sent him: "I was actually sad when I got him done and I'm trying to figure out what to knit next"

Well Knitters... it's fair to say we've sucked in another one! And as Aneesha says "The Dark Side is surprisingly squishy!"

Yes it is - and a little sheepy-smelling too!

5 comments:

kathy b said...

Good job bringing her over to owl side!

Anonymous said...

Come to the darkside ---- we have OWLS!

Your friend did a great job. You would never know she was a newbie!

Araignee said...

Wowie! That's an amazing first time project. Much better than the wonky scarf we all have stashed away in shame somewhere.

RobinH said...

Awesome job! Aneesha is clearly a natural. (And good job sucking her into the knit vortex, too.)

Unknown said...

Well done...luring in another knitter! What a great project!