Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The great knit-cation: Day 5

Hard to believe the knit-cation is halfway over. It always goes to fast. But no vacation is every complete without a little road trip to visit someone very special. So I whipped up some pumpkin tarts and hit the road
It's a beautiful drive this time of year (even on the highway - the back roads are even more amazing!) And so I was in the prescense of the very special Princess Otis!
 (Don't tell Tux I have another tuxie-cat friend!). Oh... and I was visiting some other special people too...
My best friend and two of her monsteriffic - I mean adorable! - children. (The third is on an adventure to Saskatchewan with his Dad). Chats were chatted, tarts were devoured and of course there was knitting. Sam worked on a baby blanket, while I worked on Miss P's sock
Folded cuff is done and heel is turned! I'm tempted to work on them for the rest of the night now. There's turkey soup simmering in the slow cooker, so I've got the rest of the evening to myself....

Oh, and I finished up the hand spun bonnet last night and took pics this morning
Details of my mods are on my project page, but I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. 
It is quite hard to get a picture of the back of your own head... and I really wish I have more to make some matching mitts. I guess Mom better get back to that wheel...

6 comments:

Araignee said...

The bonnet is spectacular! The way the color works with the pattern is brilliant. Isn't it wonderful when things turn out so perfectly?

Unknown said...

The hat is so cute. Love the color mix.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with Princess Otis. BTW -- love the name too!

Glad you had a lovely day away and I'll keep the Princess Otis thing quiet. We don't want Tux getting jealous!

lexa said...

Love the colors in the hat -- they're perfect!

elns said...

The only thing cuter than that bonnet, is you in it. The pattern and the yarn are a great combo.

Rachelle said...

I love the bonnet; might have to add the pattern to my Ravelry wishlist!