Monday, October 6, 2014

Wreathed

When I was a little girl, we lived in the country. On the way into town, there was an old farm house at one of the main cross roads.

I always loved driving by that farmhouse, because whoever owned it had a great collection of wreaths. Every month there was a new one hanging on the door, always in theme with the season.

At my last house, there wasn't much point in putting any decoration on the front door. It didn't face the street and we didn't use it; we used a back entrance.

But this house is a much better house for decorations. Last fall, I even bought a whole bunch of supplies
But then I couldn't find my glue gun. By the time I found it, we were well into Christmas, so everything stayed stored away. But I found a little time on the weekend, and got the glue gun heated up
Finally!
Now I just need a hanger so I can put it on the door. And maybe some more supplies to make a few more!

7 comments:

elns said...

Your wreath looks great!

Anonymous said...

You are ready for the season!

:-)

Araignee said...

Love it!
I have a grapevine wreath on the door and I'm so lazy that I just stick in a seasonal floral pick or two. I just put in the fall leaves and took out the summer blooms. In winter I have a plastic pine branch with fake snow. That's not very classy so I keep telling myself I am going to crochet or knit something special. Never have. Probably never will.

Unknown said...

Love it! I finally got a wreath back up on my door this season. Haven't used one since the last one got a bird's nest made in it. When the momma bird flew in my house one day when I opened the door that was time to take it off the door. Now to make sure this one doesn't have a nest in it.

Bridget said...

That is so pretty! I love decorated doors. My efforts are not as successful as yours, but I still use them. :-)

kathy b said...

nothing but envy. I cannot make a wreath to save my life. That and baking cookies....perhaps I RUSH them?
Yours looks amazing. Love the bird

RobinH said...

Adorable! I love seeing that kind of thing, even though I'm very lax about putting anything up myself. (Some years I manage a Christmas wreath...usually because one of my co-workers' kids/siblings is selling them as a fundraiser!)