Thursday, October 16, 2014

The great knit-cation: Day 6

Tomorrow, Dave and I mark 12 years together, but since today was his only day off this week, we decided to spend today celebrating. And we spent it how any couple who's been together 12 years would... sleeping in, watching movies together, snuggling with the kids (of the feline persuasion) and knitting! (Well I was knitting, I've yet to convince Dave of the virtues of the hobby.)

And that means I got half a project done!
The first of Miss P's Pip Squeaks is off the needles. Like me, she loves ankle socks, so the Pips are perfect. Even though it's listed as a light fingering on Ravelry, the yarn is actually on the heavy side - a little closer to a sport. But they will be nice and warm for winter.

I've got the opposite skein balled up and ready to go, though I'll probably wait until Monday to cast on.  I flirted briefly with the idea of working on Old Town, but in the end I went back to the second Cranberry Bonnet. Like the socks, they are a Christmas gift, and it feels good to be getting it out of the way early. I've actually got all my Christmas shopping done - I just have five things left to make - three hats and two pairs of socks - and two of those items are half done!

But back to the hat. I'll probably get to the beaded portion tomorrow some time, so I went stash diving to see what I had that would work
I'm leaning towards number 4... but what do you think?

10 comments:

Seajaes said...

Use 3

Lynn said...

Happy anniversary!!! SOunds like the perfect day!

Anonymous said...

4 or 1.

Happy anniversary! Wishing you many more happy years together. :-)

Araignee said...

I like the sparkle factor of 4.

Unknown said...

4 jumped out at me immediately.

Bridget said...

I vote for #2 or #4.

But most importantly, enjoy your anniversary - your celebration sounds absolutely PERFECT!

RobinH said...

I like 4 and 6.

kathy b said...

Ill go green with number 2!
What you are done with Christmas shopping ! How great is that?

Rachelle said...

I like 1 or 4.

Knatolee said...

Love the colours in the sock, and happy 12 years!