Sunday, September 6, 2015

Eager Beaver

Labour day weekend is unofficial end of summer here in the great white north. And Mother Nature seems to be making sure this one ends with a bang!
It is stinking hot out there (It's 104 F for my friends south of the border... a very humid, sticky 104). I had all kinds of plans for this weekend (gardens, photo shoots...) but instead, I'm hanging out in the house, thinking cool thoughts.

And nothing is cooler than Christmas! (yes... I said the C-word. We're knitters... it happens.)

With my sweaters off the needles, I've turned my attention back to my biggest Christmas project.... Dad's blanket.

I've started square #2.
As you can see, I'm about 1/3 of the way through. But progress is slow. I have a feeling this is going to end up as a lap-ghan.... I doubt I'll have enough time (or patience) to make a full-sized one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to come on down to Florida and get cool. It was only 91F today.

Araignee said...

And that hot is headed our way now. Noooooo.....
That is some major colorwork going on in that blankie. Just looking at those wide stretches between colors gives me the heebie jeebies.

Judy S. said...

Forget FLA, it's in the fifties here!

Rachelle said...

We're officially in spring here, it means it's still bloody cold but the wind has now got up to join the party. I'm knitting DK socks for youngest (who's off school sick today) to warm him up.
Loving that knitting, should be lovely and warm for Christmas too.