Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Mad for plaid

I think I have an addiction
Yup. On Friday, there was another trip to Old Navy to hunt down the elusive plaid sundress that I couldn't get on my shopping trip the week before. And I do mean elusive... it was sold out at almost every convienient Old Navy (and that's several - I have a long commute to work). In the end, I had to travel well out of my way, but it was worth it . This makes number 10, and I think it really might be my favourite.

I truly am mad for plaid (I blame my Scottish heritage and flannel-wearing father...). I almost came home with a plaid skirt too, but I restrained myself.

Of course, now that I have it, another problem has arisen. I have an irrepressible urge to cast aside all my Christmas knitting and cast on for Ocracoke.  And don't I just have the perfect yarn for it....
 .. should we start taking bets on when I will cave and cast on?

7 comments:

kathy b said...

You are the boss of your knitting Lady! Love the Outerbanks name for the sweater!

elns said...

I love the dress -- good hunting! I love the plaid and that is a fantastic pattern. Nice spotting! The yarn does look perfect. Looking forward to your next knitting adventure.

Anonymous said...

Tonight. 8PM

Ocracoke is gorgeous.

I love that little dress too. But, what do you do for a bra? With straps that thin, do you have to wear a strapless bra?

Araignee said...

Oh, man.....the only time I mind being a slow knitter is when I see things like that. It is gorgeous. And yes...the plaid dress is to die for. How cute is that!

Rachelle said...

I love plaid too, am going to order the yarn to make Dh his tartan for a kilt next week; can't wait!

Unknown said...

Oh, you'll cave in...I'm pretty sure it's already a done deal...needles clicking!

Cute dress! The yarn - looks like a perfect match!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

So I'm guessing that you've already cast on as I write this comment .... and OMG I LOVE Ocracoke. Seriously, I'm considering buying the pattern and I have NOTHING suitable to knit it with and I don't generally knit sweaters anyway. SOMEBODY STOP ME!