Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Okay.. I know I said I was working on Christmas stuff but...
... I am a terrible liar. That Slinky I flashed the other day... well just the mere thought of it was taunting me. (Pretty good considering it's been in the stash for quite a few years... just goes to show what a new dress can do to me!)

This is the very beggining of a new design for a shrug. I looked around at cardigan patterns, but just couldn't find anything that really floated my boat. I also only have two skeins of it, so my options were limited. I started looking at shrug patterns, and still couldn't find what I was looking for.

So when in doubt... design it yourself!

Don't expect to see this one done too soon though, reality will set in and I'll get back to that Christmas stuff...

5 comments:

kathy b said...

WEll I LOVE your start. Very celtic looking!

Araignee said...

Cables are what's floating my boat right now too. Must be the time of year for them even though it's 90 some degrees out with horrible humidity.

elns said...

So pretty, Valerie!

"So when in doubt... design it yourself!"

You make it sound so easy :) Can't wait to see where you take us...

Delusional Knitter said...

Lovely, I love cables. Don't always love knitting them, but love how they look.

Rachelle said...

Gorgeous cables, I hate how long they take to knit, but they are oh, so worth it!