Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Siren Song

How are your Undine socks coming along?

I really should be further along, but I'll admit it, I've been slacking. Since casting off for Sherlock, I haven't really knit much. I managed to get the second Undine cast on, and I'm a few rows in...
But that's it.

Part of the problem is my new phone. I finally sucked it up, gave up my pay-as-you go flip phone and got a smart phone... which means Candy Crush.... ALL THE TIME! ANY TIME! EVERY WHERE!

I took Dave to the dentist for a tooth extraction yesterday... and I managed to get three rows done on the Man Sock before I remembered my phone in purse... and the siren song of crushable candies....

6 comments:

Araignee said...

Oh, no.....now I really must be the only person in the world without a smart phone. A friend was just telling me how she had to get her mother's dog walker to teach her 80 year old mother how to use her new smart phone. I am afraid it would be the end of my life as I want it to be if I get one. The Chromebook eats up waaaaay to much time as it is because it's just too darn easy.

Anonymous said...

Get knittin' girl! You are our fearless leader!!!! LOL

I have to say, I don't get the allure of Candy Crush. It came loaded on my new computer and I gave it a go, but not for long. Guess I'm not much into computer games. :-(

Bridget said...

I don't have a cell phone at all, so that is one of the few things that cannot distract me ...

I want to start my Undine socks, but have vowed to finish another pair before casting on ANYTHING ELSE ...

kathy b said...

I've abandoned my orange little sock for now. I'm hat making! Im trying to make slow progress on my leftover baby blanket

elns said...

I'm chipping away at the Undine #1. I'm trying to decide how many pattern repeats I'm going to do before I turn the heel.

And I have purposely only allowed 2 games at a time on my phone because I get lost sometimes. I don't Candy Crush anymore. I like Candy Mania and Cupcake Mania. yes, they are probably easier. ha!

Lorraine said...

I went over to the dark side of the Smart phone in April. My son said I needed one, and I got it for my bd. Have you discovered Instagram yet? Very cool.

Nice socks too!