Thursday, September 24, 2015

Fly-by

That's what Sandpoint is doing
I've already started decreasing for the armholes. Possible helped along by the fact that I have the first Season of Outlander to work through....

I keep looking at it, thinking.. "This isn't big enough for an adult." But I have to keep reminding myself:
a) I'm too used to working on a seamless garment, so this is really only half of it.
b) Stockknit rolls in like crazy making it look much narrower than it is. When I spread it out and measure.. it's fine
c) It's going to grow a little in the blocking.

I'm really enjoying working with the yarn. Regia isn't the softest to work with, but it's not splitty, and has a nice bit of bounce that doesn't fight the needles.
And I love the little bits of autumn colours in the tweed. Adds a little pop to what would otherwise be a bland knit.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Go girl!!! My sweater seems to be taking forever, but doing it in the round does seem to be slow. I am trying sleeves two at a time, but not sure it will last. I hate tangling yarns!

Anonymous said...

The little nubbies look nice. That's going to be a nice combo to go with many outfits.

Araignee said...

Knits play mind games for sure. I do love that yarn!

Rachelle said...

I love nubby yarn, love how it adds depth to a project. My favourite nubby yarn is now in my mother's hands though as she needed something to knit with and didn't have enough of what she'd bought so she raided my stash. I kind of regret that in some ways, but luckily I love mum so I'm ok with it.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful brown tweed yarn. My, you are flying through this project!!

elns said...

I like how you talked yourself off the ledge. Yeah creating pieces for seaming always makes me suck my breath in a little. I say a little "hope this works out" prayer and keep knitting. I can't believe you've gotten that much done already!