Saturday, April 5, 2014

A wee set-back

Today has been mostly about cleaning. Because things got so hectic, the house got to a point where even I was getting antsy about the mess. Then I made that spoiled man of mine homemade deep-fried haddock and onion rings with fresh cut chips.

Not that he deserved it... look what he did to me after dinner...
We were goofing around and I moved to punch him in the arm - he blocked and I ended up punching a fully-flexed bicep that felt surprisingly like a brick wall. My wrist had already been bugging me and I'm pretty sure this put it into a full-fledged sprain. He did get me some ice, so it's only a little bit swollen...

I've threatened to take his bowflex away now.

Thank goodness I got the rainbow mitts off the needles last night (you'll see them later this week). Before my boxing match, I did manage to get the second Lestrange sleeve started.

But I don't think I'll be working on it any more tonight. I just hope my wrist feels better tomorrow so I can cast on for Daenerys! Good thing the KAL last two months!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband keeps trying to draw me into a wrestling match. He was "city champ" in 8th grade as he loves to remind us. I outweigh him by a ton, but he's a lot quicker!!! Hope you heal quickly.

Anonymous said...

Oh yikes! An ace bandage is NEVER good news.

Hope your wrist is feeling better soon. Ice/Ibuprofen --- Take the two and feel better in the morning. ;-)

Rachelle said...

I hope the wrist is better tomorrow as well! I'm planning on casting on for 2 projects tomorrow as I've got 2 KAL's starting on the same day! Both are able to be used for things I need though.

kathy b said...

Oh my goodness. Goofing around is a good thing, but the sprain. OUGH! NOTE to yourself: Use feet next time

RobinH said...

Yow. We have to teach you to punch properly. You need to punch with your wrist straight, and in line with the direction of the blow. You want to take the shock straight through the wrist, not laterally. (Also, when you make a fist, leave your thumb on the outside, not with your fingers wrapped around it- you risk breaking the thumb otherwise.) (I can't ask my husband even to stand still as a focus when I'm practicing karate- he can't help flinching, and I'm afraid he'll move into a punch or kick by accident before I can pull it.)