Monday, April 14, 2014

Day 3: Nothing to see here

When that warm wind blew in yesterday, I had a feeling that it was blowing in a storm. My feeling was confirmed when I woke up with a weather-induced migraine this morning. That, and the rain that started pouring buckets around noon put the kibosh on most of plans I had.

Mom and I still got our errands done this morning, but by the time I got home, I wanted nothing more than to close myself off in a dark, silent room for a few hours.

A four hour nap later and it's still not gone. I'm going to try to get some knitting in tonight, but I suspect I'll just end up stretching out on the couch with a purring cat on my head (the purrrfect headache therapy)

Despite the pounding in my head and the title of the post, I do actually have some pictures to share. When I dropped Mom off, I nipped down to the dye studio and snagged a skein of yarn off the drying rack.
Alley Cat in Johnny Jump Up. Smoking Hot Needles' daughter just finished knitting her a pair of socks in it.
Photo by Smoking Hot Needles.
I loved the yarn when Mom first dyed it, and as soon as I saw it knit up, I knew I had to have a skein. It seems like everyone else felt that way too - we've been getting requests left and right for it. She just dyed up a big batch, some on Alley Cat and some on Barn Cat.  I figured I better grab a skein while I had the chance and before she gets sick of making it!

Mom had  also snagged me a skein of the Sanguine Gryphon's Codex in one of her swaps. 
I've been wanting to try the Codex for a while. It's a single ply worsted 52% Silk/48% BFL. This colourway is Delirium. I think it will be perfect for a cowl to go with the beret and mitts I have made from Kroy FX.
I still have two skeins of the Kroy tucked away, but I think the Codex will be much nicer around the neck. Now I just have to resist the urge to cast on!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dont' resist! Join me in my madness. I just cast on the 2nd shawl in 2 days time!

Rachelle said...

Hope the headache goes away with the cat help.
Love the Johnny Jump Up and that Codex; the colour is just so rich on it!

lexa said...

It was +21C here yesterday, it's +16C right so far today (really windy both days, too). However, tomorrow afternoon it's supposed to drop to +3C and rain! Actually it says we can get ice pellets and some areas of NS can get some light snow. Ugh! I want it to stay this way and just get warmer!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better today.

The Johnny-Jump-Up worked up cute.

Don't resist -- CAST ON!

Unknown said...

You are dipping into some really fine colors! So pretty....and yes... irresistible!

Araignee said...

Those are some mighty pretty colors on that yarn!

kathy b said...

Hope your headache goes away very quickly.

the weather does create changes in our bodies; i've seen it so many times in Labor and Delivery