Monday, April 28, 2014

Bloomin'

We had a lovely dinner on the new table last night... but something was missing....


That's better! I love vases of fresh flowers, but the old table was always too cluttered up with junk. When we brought this one in, Dave made me promise not to dump all my crap on it - and this is another good reason to keep that promise. Since last night was pork roast, tonight is pulled pork sandwiches with the leftovers, so I grabbed these beauties from the grocery store when I stopped to get fresh buns.
Look as those pretty colours. And it's so nice having some spring in the house because things are definitely taking their time outside.
This is the front garden where I planted all my bulbs. I was really excited until Dad told me that most of what's coming up there is not tulips and daffodils, but the orange lilies he gave me last year...

Not that I'm not happy about the lilies, but I was really hoping for more spring flowers. I know the squirrels have run off with some of the bulbs, but I planted quite a few.
There are a couple mini daffodils getting ready to bloom...
But someone has been gnawing on them too. So much for a winter of peanut offerings to keep the little beasties at bay...

On the knitting front, I've been working on my spring sock design
I've just finished the heel on the second one - on the home stretch now.

Sadly, I'm entirely bored with everything I have on my needles (Lestrange, Dave's scarf, spring socks, and two shawl designs). I  really want to cast on for Hitofude, but I promised myself I wouldn't cast on another lace cardigan until I cast off Lestrange. And I'm really close to the end for Lestrange - just three quarters of a sleeve and the bands to go....

Maybe I just need a small, quick project to rev my engines... any suggestions...?

7 comments:

Araignee said...

The critters around here eat my flower bulbs and the parts they drag around and leave behind come up in places I never planted them. Keep looking. You might be surprised at where they end up!
As for knitting, hmmmm.....got nothing but I'm sure you're going to think of something awesome.

Rachelle said...

Hitofude is on my must do list as well, but my next jersey will be a Strokkur; I have the yarn, just not the time at the moment. For something to get the juices flowing how about a silk scarf; one for pretty rather than warm?

Those tulips are really pretty by the way.

RobinH said...

Do you wear headbands? How about a lacy headband with beads?

kathy b said...

Gorgeous flowers for that awesome table.

quick knit? One darling baby hat

Unknown said...

I just bought flowers for the table too...I needed that little something extra that exclaims,"Spring!!"

elns said...

I can't wait to see when all those bulbs are blooming together! I cannot believe all the stuff you have growing (and you take care of!)

On the knitting front, I know the feeling. I would suggest a pair of vanilla socks with fun yarn? Easy peasy -- esp for you, even if you only do one for now?

I have to say, after seeing all your pretty sun dresses, a cardigan, maybe the LeStrange would be such a lovely accompaniment.

Alisha said...

I love Hitofude!!! I will be printing that pattern out for sure!!! Love that table. It is amazing. And flowers on a table are the best. I love fresh flowers. They are one of my market treats!!!!